I started prepping this post at the start of Dec. My initial draft indicated that I reached $700k net worth.
As the clock strikes 31 Dec 2021, despite my pay coming in, I've not reached this figure.
I probably jinx myself by drafting too early. Back in early Nov, my net-worth was at $690k. I thought I would make it to $700k soon!
Alas, my net-worth fell due to lacklustre performance of my stocks and crypto. The only avenue that is growing is my CPF (thanks govt). If I had held cash massively like what I did in the past, maybe I'd have hit $700k net worth soon 😅
Here's a recap over the years:
- 2016 - Unexpected review of 2016: hitting $200k in net worth
- 2017 - End 2017 review - net worth at $287k
- 2018 - End 2018 review - net worth at $372k
- 2019 - End 2019 Review - inching close to $500k net worth (~$440k)
- 2020 - End 2020 Review - net worth at $550k
- Aim to achieve $650k net worth in 2021✅
- Grow my stock portfolio to $200k value✅
- Get to travel FAR in 2021❌
- Have a kid❌
- Be healthy and happy; likewise for my family✅
- Started the year with $6,800 in CPF interest
- Blogged about 1.68% Tiq 3-year endowment
- Questioning what I was saving for. Property? Early retirement at 40? I'm still unsure now
- Sold my STI ETF for a 18% profit via Tiger Brokers. On hindsight, should have held longer since it's now trading at $3.2x
- Did my CPF nomination online. Think I was just emo and thinking about unpredictability of life. Good that I sorted that out
- Did my 6th RSTU top up for my mum and my CPF
- Made a heart throbbing mistake in Gemini. Good thing it was sorted in the end.
- Having a dilemma on whether to take up a new offer.
- Reaching $200k in stocks portfolio value - combining CDP + Tiger Brokers
- Bought the dip for crypto and stocks. Months later, I realised it was a good move as I saw decent 30-50% gains. On hindsight, should have bought more
- I resigned. And I've been never happier on my decision *middle fingers to the toxic ex-bosses and ex-colleagues* For anyone who is deciding to leave, I'd say - JUST QUIT. Take the gamble that your next move is a better one. If not, find elsewhere again. Company loyalty is dead.
- Celebrating $618k in networth and reaching CPF BHS of $63k
- Shared my thoughts 1 month into new workplace. I'm still loving WFH and hope it never ends
- Signed up for Hodlnaut
- Did a guide on how to transfer crypto from Gemini to Hodlnaut
- Felt shiok seeing the weekly returns in Hodlnaut. Way better than what dirty fiat gave
- Set up Celsius and I love it!
- Also took advantage of Celsius promo code for higher returns
- Did a SGD$100 experiment with Cakedefi given the lure of 80+% APY interest
- Bought quite a bit of stuff from Lazada on 9.9. On hindsight, the promotion seems more attractive than 11.11?!
- Set up crypto.com account. On hindsight, best decision I made given that it was the BEST promotion thus far - essentially getting SGD$100 free + US$25 referral + NFT (which erm...was underwhelming)
- Blogged about the perks of crypto.com
- Gave an update on my Cakedefi account 1 month down. Some profits made though the DFI coins dropped
- Shared why I signed up for Celsius account - good complement to other staking accounts
- Talked about Squid Game before I realised it became a global phenomena. I wanted to watch the show the moment it came out from Netflix after being showed their trailer on tiktok (advertisement works man). I'm not a fan of shows but I was glued to my screen and was tempted to watch FULL show in one sitting. In the end, sleep prevails and I caught the full show in 2 days.
- Bid goodbye to my POSB Everyday card. It's crazy that my annual fee wasn't waived.
- Klook spoilt my JW Marriott staycation. With my $100 SRV returned, I still have not used it
- Talked about my 2 years WFH. Love it
- Shared how the free crypto.com NFT looked like
- Reflected on my top 10 daily apps routine
- Finally set up my SRS account with DBS but they screwed up - upon my $10,000 debit, there was no SRS account listed in my ibanking page. I waited for a few days and logged a case before they updated me that it's been restored. No reasons given on why this happened
- Blogged about my confidence of becoming a Millionaire this lifetime, at least through CPF
- Signed up for Endowus to maximise my SRS funds
- Dug deeper into the crypto hole. For records, I played with small funds that I can afford to lose. It was all in the name of "learning".
- Blogged about my excitement of CRO coin hitting ATH.
- My 3 months experiment with CakeDefi was sitting at good profits as the value of DFI coin rose
- Finally set up my SRS account with Endowus (PS: $40 referral bonus till 31 Dec 2021 only)
Hopes and Goal for 2022
- Aim to achieve $850k net worth in 2022
- Bring my parents out for an overseas trip; if not make do with cruise trip
- Grow crypto portfolio to 10% of networth
- Material wants: buy a rolex and LV/chanel bag
- Reach $1m portfolio in stock + SRS + crypto by 2025
- invest $5k per month for the next 4 years with at least 8% growth 😱
- invest $4k per month for the next 4 years with at least 10% growth😱
- invest $3k per month for the next 4 years with at least 12% growth 😱