In Mandarin, there's a phrase called 手机不离身. To translate, this means our mobile phones being an integral part of our life/body - we need to constantly hold and have it near us. I got reminded of this phrase as I was about to jot my thoughts. That came from my mum.....who nags that we are constantly on our phones haha
I used to have a habit of turning off my phone at night to:
- save battery
- prevent calls/msgs from disturbing me
But I no longer do so. In fact, my phone is on 24/7, and I even put it beside my bed while I sleep. The phone is smart enough to set "Do Not Disturb" mode come bedtime as well.
Anyway, this post serves to share the apps I used the moment I wake up and throughout the day. Perhaps years down the road, new apps would overtake the old ones?
And yup, first thing I wake up is to grab my phone!
- Tiger Brokers App
- Daily routine to collect tiger coins. I currently have 7000 coins, still far from the 18k coins to claim a $88 stock voucher.
- Check on SG, US and HK stocks
- If you've not gotten a brokerage account that offers low fees and allows you to transact overseas stocks, perhaps head over to my guide and sign up with my referral link?
- Just a comment that the app is not exactly the most user-friendly. I always got logged out and have to sign in again. Plus their interest bar has some glitch.
- Loving this app so far. Very easy to use and I've talked about why I love this platform here. Just hope I don't jinx these perks after praising them.
- While this is my latest sign-up due to their great promotion of S$100 coins and NFT, I still prefer Gemini more given it's ease of use, but crypto allows storing more coins like Nano which I had