Skip to main content

Part 2 - Crypto.com perks and why I signed up


One week left till the Crypto.com sign-up bonus of SGD$100!

If you're clueless what I'm talking about, you can read more in my earlier post about the exciting promotion along with the registration guide.

Why Crypto.com?

In a bid to make things clearer, I've created a graphic map of WHY a crypto.com account is useful and attractive for me with the boxes ticked as being most relevant for me



1. Sign-up promo (SGD100 + NFT) + Referral promo

Without a doubt, the main impetus to sign up an account was the SGD100 promotion. 

By being the first 100,000 new users to purchase SGD $100 CRO, I would get an equivalent SGD $100 CRO reward. 

Plus, I'd get my very first NFT “Lion Mooncake”. Curious to know how it looks like!

To maximise the rewards, I decided to stake SGD $500 CRO so that I can unlock the referral bonus of US$25 as well.

Total reward pending:
  • S$100 CRO from Mid-Autumn promo + $33 (equiv to US$25) CRO from referral code  = $133
  • Lion Mooncake NFT to be unveiled. Pls follow their steps on how to create your NFT account. It's very straightforward.

2. Metal Visa Cashback card

A) Metal card for vanity

I already knew of CRO visa card existence but didn't find the urge to sign up. Now that I've signed up for crypto.com, and topped up SGD$500 CRO, I am now eligible for the Ruby Steel card!


B) 2% cashback on spending, local or overseas. With no minimum or maximum spending required.

I am not a hardcore music listener, so despite the reimbursed spotify funds, I will not be making use of this perk under the Ruby Steel tier.

That said, the 2% cashback (note that the returns come back in CRO coins which means value will fluctuate) will come in useful. 

Transactions made under these merchant categories or channels are excluded from the CRO Rewards program: digital wallets, digital banking services, crypto exchanges, stored value products, money remittance services, security brokers/dealers, insurance sales, underwriting and premiums, tax payments, government services, financial institutions, POI funding transactions, quasi cash, money orders - wire transfers.
C) Promotion of up to 12% cashback for groceries


One eye popping perk of their visa card is the cashback for groceries. This beats MANY credit cards hands down. Unfortunately, the promotion ends 30 Sept 2021. I hope they'll extend or roll out better offers for new users!

You can read more about the existing promotions here. 

3. Supercharger event - mining tokens

You might ask - what's the use of CRO coins? Beyond its appreciation of value, you'd be able to mine tokens with a minimum of 100 CRO.

At time of writing, there are AXS, BTC, SHIB, ENJ coins available. I've used a small part of my CRO to mine for AXS.

For more elaborate info on this, you may refer to their link here.

Referral reward

I hope this post gives you a better insight on the practical aspect of the CRO account/card. If you find the info useful, do sign up for the account before 22 Sept 2021 via my referral link or code here! You will get US$25 referral reward with S$500 CRO purchase (you dont have to buy it in one shot) and S$100 promotion with S$100 CRO purchase.


ybm9v5zhv7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I finally cross $700k networth, after 1 year 4 months

I wondered how I should kickstart this post - should I be positive or negative about this? After 1 year 4 months, I finally crossed $700k in networth - returning back to where I've been at, back in Dec 2021.  I am disappointed.  For the past many years, I've always been growing my networth, at around $100-$150k/year. I had big plans to hit a net worth of $850k by December 2022, but the universe had other plans for me. Instead, I only managed to reach $646k, leaving me with a $204k gap to my target.  Ever since I became more aggressive in my "investment" portfolio in 2021, being sucked by greed to deploy most of my cash into stocks and crypto, I fell heavily, along with the crashes. Crypto wiped out 5 digits savings, so did the stock market.  To be honest, ever since the crashes and a bad hit to my net worth, I actually didn't do anything special to improve. I didn't make drastic spending cuts, I didn't stop my holidays, I didn't continue investing (no

First CPF top up in Jan 2023 and tax relief concerns

Detailing my yearly CPF top-up and thoughts.  This is my 8th year of top-up. 1. Top-up $2.5k to Medisave via Paynow Did a $2,500 top up to my Medisave, bringing it to 2023 MA ceiling of $68,500. Done the same for my husband as well. 2. On hold - To top up $5.5k to SA or no? Contrary to the past where I top-up at the start of the year, I have decided to hold off the top-up. A) Running out of cash Firstly, I'm running out of cash. I'm berating myself for degrading to the past where I look forward to my monthly income for cashflow. So I can build up my $100k capital in savings account again, given the current high interest environment.  B) Hitting FRS soon = no tax relief Secondly, I'm concerned about reaching FRS too soon.  The FRS this year is $198,800. I'm now sitting on ~$157k SA which means $41,800 away from reaching this ceiling.  I know some people encouraged maxing this out ASAP. But, as I've crossed 6 digits annual income, maxing FRS soon meant lower tax relie

Starting 2023 with extra $9,979.20

Happy 2023~! I woke up feeling not very positive. It seems like I've brought forward my 2022 negative thoughts along. I ought to be more optimistic! Anyway, my best way of welcoming the new year is to count the new inflow of $ and here's my CPF interest for 2022: Have you check your CPF interest yet?