End 2025 Review - Net Worth at $1.128m ; CPF interest ~$14k


As I started to type, the first word that came to my mind was "Nonchalant".

I'm feeling more and more so. It seems like a protective layer or persona I'm taking up. So that I gets less f up by external factors.

I used to be diligent updating here, but I lost the joy in sharing what's going on. 

I was even nonchalant about updating my net worth. I used to track it monthly; and more so on 31 Dec 2025.

Yet on 31 Dec 2025, I slept at 10+ pm. Not sure what time I really fell asleep. Sadly, I woke up at 5.30am and it hurts my head. I never had good sleep.

What prompted me to do an update here was just in case one day, I have records to track back my thoughts, and my financial journey. Like how I could check back my interest on 1 January 2025 easily through my blog.

---

Here's a recap of my finances over the years:

2025 Review

Recap of what I've done the past 12 months and my reflections:

Jan:
Feb
  • Continued with antibiotics to remove h.pyori
  • Packing our home for the move
  • Dental
Mar
Apr

May
  • Family trip. Sponsored by dad. 
    • Got a temple lot that signals bad omen when I asked on the possibility of having children. Broke my heart but I know things happen for a reason. This further solidified my plan not to continue with IVF anymore 
  • Secured our condo. God is great!
  • Got our car and that was the start to many foodie hunts and road trips!

June
  • Enjoyed my work trip
July
  • Was curious if 5 July natural disaster will happen
  • Started our furniture hunting
  • Moved in to our new home
August
  • Dental
Sept

October
  • Overseas trip
Nov
  • Did northern hemp flu jab
Dec
  • Ended the year with sickness 

It doesn't seem much, but I felt it was an eventful year. Good things happened; and the only bad thing was from work. Other than that, I acknowledge I've a good life and I'm super grateful.

At the start of the year, I spoke about my goals for physical, mental and spiritual healing
    • On physical healing, I do feel that I've become healthier. I suspect the removal of h.pylori has given me a much better gut health. I haven't had much stomach aches compared to the best. My hubby also attested that I am healthier now. I've also gained some weight. 
    • Mental healing isn't the best, but getting somewhere. I have been mistreated at work, mainly due to toxic boss(es). I suffered mentally. It didn't help that my counsellor whom I've been sharing all my sorrows with, left and I had to rebuild rapport with a new one. May karma be real and the bitch gets booted out. Even on first day of 2026, I kept replaying how I should retaliate when I'm back in office when I see her.
    • Spiritual healing - I'm still figuring out. Not all prayers work, but some did give me peace of calm. Though, sudden pangs of anger, sadness would also erupt in my heart and I needed to find a way to peace out. However, I trust God. I believe in angels. I believe I'm here to live life, a good life, and I aim to do this happily every day.
2025 also marked the year where I stopped IVF fully. It has been a mindless chase, injecting my body with hormones since 2021. 4 years. 

4 bloody years.

It was blood tests after blood tests, resulting in my veins on my left arm turning weak and the nurses now have difficulties getting blood from there. I should have known not to play god. It was essentially money down the drain. But, I wouldn't have become who I am today, without going through these pains. I know it's a trial for me.

Net Worth

I'm now standing at $1.128m. A 88k increase VS 2024's 1.04m.

But, I guess there's no meaning to the figures anymore. A good chunk of my money are nestled in my home.

Hopes and Goal for 2026

Firstly, I shall recap my 2025 goals:

This is what I WILL achieve in 2025:
  • move into a home that serves as a stronger asset 
  • pray more and practice care and kindness to myself  (I did pray more and learn to love myself more by making every day happy)
  • get promoted with high pay jump either in this firm, or a new one ❌ (paltry increase)
  • travel with my family (already 2 planned) ✅ 
  • gain new skills (e.g. coaching, trading, new language) ❌ (didn't set out to do this. Oops. But I did try meditation!)
  • Achieve 1.3m net worth (I guessed I failed since a good chunk of my CPF OA is channeled to my home) 
I admit I suck at investing. While people boast about their 1m stock portfolio, I'm ashamed that I'm not even 1/5. I haven't invested this year except for occasional small entry using SRS. I guess I was really being nonchalant. 

Here's my 2026 goals:
  • Build a stronger portfolio through DCA (target - 2k per month)
  • Grow passive income to 30k/year
  • Stay unharmed at work and continue to ride the waves
  • Explore an alternative career path
  • Donate more than 2025
  • Bring my parents overseas (already 1 planned)
  • Gain more muscles, not fats by strength exercises
  • Eat, buy, do whatever I want (I'm actually doing so already in 2025 and like to continue in 2026. Self-love!)
  • Visit a new destination (already one planned, and foresee another one coming if all things go smoothly!)
All these seem to be feasible goals and I look forward to checking all off. 2026 will be great for me!!!

Lastly, interest for CPF is in today:

Till next time.


Comments

  1. Congrats Cherry! May you & your family have a blessed 2026, wishing all good health and abundance of wealth, take care! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So nice to hear from you :) Same to you as well - a good 2026 for us all!

      Delete

Post a Comment

No rude messages please. Unkind messages and spams will be blocked and deleted.

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Universe

Fully paid off HDB during key collection. Is it wise?