Skip to main content

My SRS Endowus Game Plan


Back in 2021, I opened my SRS account to lock-in my withdrawal age at 62 and as another avenue to reduce my income tax. Blogged about it below:

2022 SRS Game Plan via Endowus

Now that it's 2022, I needed to start my SRS purchase again. This time, I will be pumping in the max of $15,300 cash to squeeze the max income tax relief.

I had initially thought to delay this pump till later this year, as I wanted my cash to generate higher returns first, and then channel it to SRS.

However, I decided to be more robotic about my SRS investment and DCA in. This means that I will

Buy SRS at 5 different tranches, at $3060 each

For the past weeks, the stock and crypto market has been dipping while awaiting the actual plan from the US Fed. Just last night, US Fed has released their latest plan; somewhat aligned with their earlier plans and public's expectations. While there's no surprise rate hike, Fed announced that there will be further discussion and potential interest rates hike in March, seemingly kicking the can down the road.

Based on the news, it is unlikely for us to see great returns like in 2020/2021 stock/crypto market.

2022 may be an uneventful year for traders due to sideway market.

As a beginner investor, I don't think I should time the market too much. I can't predict what's to come hence, I have decided to just enter my SRS trades 5 times across this year. 

I have just entered my first tranche now and will update when my next 4 trades are.

CPF OA investment

Separately, I've also started dipping into my CPF OA via Endowus to buy into Lion Global Infinity US 500 Stock Index Fund. Just low 4 digit figures.

The recent drop in SPY500 on Nasdaq signals a good timing to enter, so I bought a bit, in hopes to beat OA 2.5% interest. I currently do not own any SPY500 stock in my Tiger account so I see this as a good way to diversify. For those who do not have a Tiger account, pls refer to the current welcome promotion here and sign up via my referral link if you don't have any from your friends :)

Endowus Referral

If you are keen to embark on Endowus using your SRS, CPF OA or even cash, you may wish to use my link to enjoy $20 in Access Fee credit (equivalent to $10,000 advised free, assuming Access Fee of 0.40%).

https://endowus.com/invite?code=FUKYD

As always, pls DYODD!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I finally cross $700k networth, after 1 year 4 months

I wondered how I should kickstart this post - should I be positive or negative about this? After 1 year 4 months, I finally crossed $700k in networth - returning back to where I've been at, back in Dec 2021.  I am disappointed.  For the past many years, I've always been growing my networth, at around $100-$150k/year. I had big plans to hit a net worth of $850k by December 2022, but the universe had other plans for me. Instead, I only managed to reach $646k, leaving me with a $204k gap to my target.  Ever since I became more aggressive in my "investment" portfolio in 2021, being sucked by greed to deploy most of my cash into stocks and crypto, I fell heavily, along with the crashes. Crypto wiped out 5 digits savings, so did the stock market.  To be honest, ever since the crashes and a bad hit to my net worth, I actually didn't do anything special to improve. I didn't make drastic spending cuts, I didn't stop my holidays, I didn't continue investing (no

What the luck? DBS and OCBC banking tokens died!

What luck. My ibanking tokens went dead one after another. OCBC Token First was my OCBC token. It said "low battery", but I ignored it. And when I finally need to use it, it was dead. Granted that I could use SMS OTP, I had to make a big transfer to other banks and it was over the withdrawal limits. And to do that, I needed the ibanking token. And serve me right for not activating the onetoken. In the end, I had to call in to OCBC call centre for a replacement. 7 working days, they said. What a long wait. In the midst of it, I needed to make my interbank transfers. I even went down to OCBC bank and explored a stupid manual way i.e to withdraw cash and deposit into the other bank. But the moment they told me they ran out of big notes, I got scared. While waiting for the token to arrive, I figured I could actually do transfers in smaller amounts, but had to bear with a daily cap. Sigh. And, one week later, my OCBC token arrived. How efficient. DBS token

Extremely bad start with UOB One

With the influx of posts on social media re UOB One (psst on grabpay) and the receipt of my house keys, I decided it was the time to sign up for a UOB One account plus credit card. It was gonna be the best tool for household joint expenses and joint savings. However, I've faced multiple hiccups that made me VERY frustrated....WHY ME?! 1. Delayed approving process led to losing out of sign up bonus First, I signed up for the UOB One card and Account in early Oct through Singsaver's promotion. The promotion said that I'd get to enjoy cash incentive for registration + UOB's promotion of $80 cash credit with min $1k spent within 30 days of card approval. Mind you, t hese terms were stated to end on 31 Oct , extracted below: S$80 Cash Credit for  UOB  One Account:  Limited to the first 500 new to  UOB  Deposits customers who either (i) deposit and maintain $5,000 or (ii) credit their salary, into their new  UOB  account for 6 consecutive months. Terms and conditio