Skip to main content

Oct updates - mixed of bad, good news and Endowus updates

I was hopeful that this month would be a good month, but an event scarred this.

Work

Last month, I started looking out for jobs aggressively. 

Of the 4 roles that I went into 2nd round for, I managed to get 2 offers this month. Of which one was my top choice. I was elated and thought this was a good start to the month. It also heartened me that I am still of value in the job market as I successfully negotiated a higher package despite the current situation. 

As I was pondering how to resign, when to resign, I got a shitty news from my company that scarred this month. It made clear to me the ugliest side of the company and the people and I'm glad I'm getting out of it.

I hope things will go well for me and nothing screws up my new role. If not, I'd have to rely on my husband for a while.

Expenses

I haven't been saving much. Succumbed to buying a new iphone 14 pro despite getting the iphone 13 pro max last year. I thought I should treat myself for getting an offer. But on hindsight, I should be more wise with my spending given how my networth is negative growth this year. 

Spent $20k+ for something which I may talk about when I'm ready.

Electrical bill is expected to shoot up as my 1-year plan is ending soon.

Endowus

Decided to load up CPF OA transactions on Endowus.

SRS - Dimensional Global Core and Emerging Markets Large Cap

  • Jan: $3,060
  • Feb: $3,060 
  • Mar: $3,060
  • Apr: $2,000
  • May: $2,000
  • Sep: $1,060
  • Oct: no action
Amount pumped: $24,241 (back in 2021, I've pumped $10,001)
Final $1,060 to pump by Dec 2022 to max $15,300 for SRS
Results: -13.60%

CPF OA investment - SPY500 LionGlobal

  • Jan: $1,000 + $1,000 at $2.625 and $2.623
  • Feb: $2,000 at $2.66
  • Mar: $2,000 + $2,000 at $2.605 and $2.679
  • Apr: $1,000 + $2,000 + $2,000 at $2.728, $2.592, $2.669
  • May: $5,000 + $1,000 at $2.448 and $2.418
  • Jun: $2,000 at $2.369
  • Jul: $2,000 at $2.46
  • Sep: $2,000 at $2.314
  • Oct: $2,000 at $2.421
Each transaction has fees of $2.68.

Amount pumped: $27,037.52
Results: -1.57%

Overall for Endowus: -7.26%

Net Worth

Lowest ever for 2022 (yet again): $645k

May Nov and Dec be kind to me.

--

Endowus Referral

If you are keen to embark on Endowus using your SRS, CPF OA or even cash, you may wish to use my link to enjoy $20 in Access Fee credit (equivalent to $10,000 advised free, assuming Access Fee of 0.40%).

https://endowus.com/invite?code=FUKYD


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I finally cross $700k networth, after 1 year 4 months

I wondered how I should kickstart this post - should I be positive or negative about this? After 1 year 4 months, I finally crossed $700k in networth - returning back to where I've been at, back in Dec 2021.  I am disappointed.  For the past many years, I've always been growing my networth, at around $100-$150k/year. I had big plans to hit a net worth of $850k by December 2022, but the universe had other plans for me. Instead, I only managed to reach $646k, leaving me with a $204k gap to my target.  Ever since I became more aggressive in my "investment" portfolio in 2021, being sucked by greed to deploy most of my cash into stocks and crypto, I fell heavily, along with the crashes. Crypto wiped out 5 digits savings, so did the stock market.  To be honest, ever since the crashes and a bad hit to my net worth, I actually didn't do anything special to improve. I didn't make drastic spending cuts, I didn't stop my holidays, I didn't continue investing (no

What the luck? DBS and OCBC banking tokens died!

What luck. My ibanking tokens went dead one after another. OCBC Token First was my OCBC token. It said "low battery", but I ignored it. And when I finally need to use it, it was dead. Granted that I could use SMS OTP, I had to make a big transfer to other banks and it was over the withdrawal limits. And to do that, I needed the ibanking token. And serve me right for not activating the onetoken. In the end, I had to call in to OCBC call centre for a replacement. 7 working days, they said. What a long wait. In the midst of it, I needed to make my interbank transfers. I even went down to OCBC bank and explored a stupid manual way i.e to withdraw cash and deposit into the other bank. But the moment they told me they ran out of big notes, I got scared. While waiting for the token to arrive, I figured I could actually do transfers in smaller amounts, but had to bear with a daily cap. Sigh. And, one week later, my OCBC token arrived. How efficient. DBS token

Extremely bad start with UOB One

With the influx of posts on social media re UOB One (psst on grabpay) and the receipt of my house keys, I decided it was the time to sign up for a UOB One account plus credit card. It was gonna be the best tool for household joint expenses and joint savings. However, I've faced multiple hiccups that made me VERY frustrated....WHY ME?! 1. Delayed approving process led to losing out of sign up bonus First, I signed up for the UOB One card and Account in early Oct through Singsaver's promotion. The promotion said that I'd get to enjoy cash incentive for registration + UOB's promotion of $80 cash credit with min $1k spent within 30 days of card approval. Mind you, t hese terms were stated to end on 31 Oct , extracted below: S$80 Cash Credit for  UOB  One Account:  Limited to the first 500 new to  UOB  Deposits customers who either (i) deposit and maintain $5,000 or (ii) credit their salary, into their new  UOB  account for 6 consecutive months. Terms and conditio