Budget Tracking : Feb 2016
Before I start, sharing this quote I came across from the internet that resonates with me:
In the month of Chinese New Year, I felt like I gained more than I spent because of the angbaos I received. Hehe. But, I'm not sure if this is the 2nd last time I'm going to get my angbaos because I want to get married soon! Argh, gotta discuss more with my bf. Right now, we're just too passive.
Variable expenses: $1,304.69
- Food - $161
- Mainly weekday lunches and a few dates and treats for and with my bf
- Shopping & Misc - $566.45
- 1 blogshop dress, NTUC shopping, a Groupon deal & Oakley sunglasses for my bf etc
- $$$ to my mom for her birthday, health checkup, $10 TOTO (got 3 rows with 2 numbers T.T), and visit to the TCM because of my really weak stomach. Any recommendations for good sinseh? Foresee spending more on Misc for such health visits, but I hope it's worth it.
- Travel expenses - $477.24
- $448.64 for 3D2N Bangkok trip
- $28.60 for Travel Insurance (after a 45% discount)
- Transport/Ez-reload - $100
Variable Earnings (not including salary): $937.78
This month, I received a special income from a POSB/DBS fixed deposit @ 1.88% p.a that I signed last year. The amount? $188 (HUAT AH!). I'm looking out for other attractive fixed deposits. Let me know if you've any lobangs!
Other earnings came from:
- angbaos - not sure if this is the 2nd last time I'm getting this :'(
- interest - from OCBC 360
- credit card rebates
- dividend from my stocks (woohoo!)
Slight recoup of my variable expenses due to the angbao $$ and interest from fixed deposit and dividends from stocks. Hope I won't spend so much next month!