Foul day at my new workplace
So, I mentioned that I've changed job. I'm still adjusting myself and enjoying my honeymoon stage since I'm new, though it's not like I'm not working la...just that in comparison to others who worked longer, my full load hasn't come in yet. I'm lying low for now given that I've my wedding to prep for.
Within these few weeks here, I've some thoughts on this job and here goes:
- Higher monthly salary than before albeit just a few hundreds more (better than staying put...)
- Cheaper transport than before (~$1 saving/day)
- Don't need to bring work home FOR NOW
- More capable bosses and seemingly, their Senior Management than before
- Not much increase in annual package given that my bonuses were more at my previous job
- Everyone else work like sh*t....my bosses sends emails from 2am-4am
- Nice boss is just temporary. Turns out, there'll be a new boss taking over
- More capable bosses also mean they expect a lot more from you. I used to be a big fish in a small pond. Now, I'm just a tiny fish in the ocean.
- Colleagues are not as simple or kind-hearted