Budget Tracking: Mar 2016
Time flies. It's April tomorrow.
I've been getting a little lazy with my budget tracking. Used to key in my purchases immediately into my phone but am now more laid back by keying in only at the end of the day or days later.
Thinking back about what was most memorable in March were the following:
- Exercised on 27 Mar by hiking at Mount Faber BUT not only did I not sign-up for the 2x bonus points for my steps tracker, my tracker died on me during 3/4 of my trek! Hopes to continue such long walks with my partner on a monthly basis
- Having a pleasant shock when I knew of my bonus :O. Was expecting a good grade, but not such a good grade. I know such luck might not come again, but 曾经拥有，好过没有。So glad to be rewarded well, although my basic pay is not very competitive la.
- Visited Gardens by the Bay for the Sakuras but I'm so disappointed. It was Good Friday and the place was so packed. Not only that, the flowers seem really boring. Will prefer viewing a whole mass patch of pinkish and white flowers - hope to see it in Korea or anywhere else next Spring, maybe?
Well, back to topic. My expenses are as follows:
Fixed expenses: $525
Variable expenses: $618.81
- Food - $411.36
- Spent a lot more on food this month compared to Feb as I treated my family to a Chinese dinner and met up with my bf more on the weekdays. Have also treated him to a few meals. Btw, he has been asking me to treat him more and go-dutch since I will officially earn more than him in Apr :)
- Also ate more good food with colleagues this month!
- Shopping & Misc - $107.45
- Treated to my family to Gardens by the Bay
- Transport/Ez-reload - $100
- Might have to stop Ez-reload since NETS is now charging $0.25 per top-up
Overall, spent lesser than last month as I'd a big ticket purchase (for travel) in Feb
Variable Earnings (not including salary): $344.31
- OCBC 360 interests and DBS Live fresh rebates + sold something on Carousell
- CapRetail China dividends
- Capitaland vouchers from something I took part in